Essential Services Business
Plumbing; Strong Demand; Trading Well
$1.250,000 including stock and plant - Hamilton
This business has been operating for many years with annual sales currently sitting just over $2.0m plus GST. It provides plumbing, gas fitting and drain laying services to the rural, residential, light commercial and industrial markets throughout the Southern Waikato region.
The following attributes make this an excellent business:
- Benefits from the housing market boom and growing post-covid renovation trend
- Long established and well known in market
- Large and diverse customer database - no key customer risk
- Only 20% of work is quoted
- Capable and settled team of staff and contractors - owner willing to contract back
- Growth trend evident in sales and profitability
- Opportunities exist to further grow the business
- Preferred supplier status with corporate and government agencies
- Various product agencies - repeat sales
- Regulatory environment supports demand
- Well maintained plant and equipment
- Good systems and procedures in place
- Stock circa $30k; P&E is circa $268k
This business would ideally suit a person knowledgeable in the trades sector, a tradesperson looking to take the next step in business or a person who works within the plumbing trade e.g. supplier, manufacturer etc. The owner's role is predominately general and operational management.
This is a great opportunity to pick up and run a successful business that has a strong foundation of sales, profit and market awareness.
Net Surplus: $475,673 EBPITD based on an average of the last 3 years
EBPITD: Earnings before paying one Proprietor, Interest, Tax and Depreciation